The objectives of the National Scholarship Program are to recognize graduating high school seniors for academic achievement, to provide financial assistance that they may accomplish their future financial management baccalaureate educational goals, and to increase local chapter scholarship programs.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior in the final half of his/her school year, or a high school graduate within six months of the application deadline.
- Students that have won a national scholarship in previous years may qualify for continuing assistance.
- Applicant must be entering a field of study directly related to financial/resource management (such as
business administration, economics, accounting, finance) Applications that do not fall within these fields will not be considered.
- Application from high school applicants must have an ASMC chapter endorsement letter. Chapter presidents may submit up to two applications each award year. If a chapter submits more than two, the selection panel will review only the first two nominations received.
- Nomination must be submitted through the Awards Online website. No local chapter forms are accepted.
- High school applicants must have recommendation letter from an ASMC chapter president and an academic official, signed and dated.
- Applications from prior winners will require document support of a GPA of 3.0 or higher and a letter from the academic institution confirming continued work in the area of financial management.
Award Selection Procedures
Applicant’s scholastic achievements, leadership ability, extracurricular activities, career/academic goals and financial need will be considered. A selection panel, chaired by a member of the ASMC National Awards Committee, will review applications received and select award winners. Selection panel will include not less than four members representing a cross section of ASMC Membership. A judge must recuse him/herself if a conflict of interest exists. Chapters will be notified
by email in late May if their applicant has been selected as a winner. Checks are mailed to the chapter in July, upon receipt by ASMC National Headquarters of student’s college acceptance letter and a w-9.
ASMC will award nine scholarships each year.
- One $3,000 scholarship is awarded in honor of LTG James F. McCall, former Executive Director of ASMC. The recipient will demonstrate exemplary leadership abilities, clearly formed goals in the financial management career field, and academic promise. This winner may re-apply each year and receive $1,500 for the following three academic years, if qualified.
- Four $2,000 scholarships will be awarded. Recipients may re-apply each year to receive $1,000 for the following three academic years, if qualified.
- Four $1,000 scholarships will also be awarded. There will not be any follow on award after the initial award
in this category.
Scholarships will be presented to the winning student(s) by the appropriate local ASMC chapter. Notification of college enrollment and a completed w9 will be required before disbursement of the scholarship check(s) to the chapter. The award
presentations and names of recipients may be publicized at chapter meetings, in newsletters, and at www.asmconline.org.
The ASMC National Headquarters must receive applications between November 1 and March 31 to be considered by the selection panel. If March 31 falls on a weekend or federal holiday, the deadline will be the next business day. No exceptions to this deadline will be allowed. Any applications received incomplete or after this date will not be considered for selection. No applications by fax or e-mail transmission will be accepted.
For More Information
ASMC National Awards Committee,
Scholarship Awards, firstname.lastname@example.org
American Society of Military Comptrollers | Do not use after April 2021