The American Society of Military Comptrollers (ASMC) is excited to update the Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM) and CDFM with Acquisition Specialty (CDFM-A) certification examinations!
We are seeking subject matter experts (SMEs) in Defense Financial Management to assist us with this important work. The contributions and collaboration of SMEs are essential to capturing a holistic picture of what it means to be a Certified Financial Manager. We want to acknowledge and hear the diverse experiences you have as a Defense Financial Manager.
What are the upcoming opportunities that require SME volunteers?
Job Analysis Survey
We are looking for individuals who have expertise in Defense Financial Management. The ideal volunteer is currently identified as having lived experience and demonstrates diverse skillsets as Defense Financial Managers.
This opportunity involves completing a 1-hour survey to rate how relevant and important each pre-developed knowledge statement is for a Defense Financial Manager. The knowledge statement ratings will be used in generating the CDFM and CDFM-A exams. Your expertise and insight will help us ensure a rigorous and high-quality examination.
Exam Blueprint Update
Once the job analysis survey is completed, there will be a 3-hour virtual workshop where SMEs will collaborate with other Defense Financial Management experts to review the CDFM and CDFM-A exam blueprint. This will ensure the questions we develop are representative and inclusive of the Certified Defense Financial Manager role.
Drafting Exam Questions
We are looking for individuals with expertise in Defense Financial Management who can develop questions that will be used in the CDFM and CDFM-A exams. The question development effort will be in-person at our Alexandria, VA office. There will be a 4-hour workshop to train SMEs about how to write questions. Each SME will then write 12 questions.
Exam Question Review
After exam questions are developed, we will need SMEs in Defense Financial Management to review the questions for accuracy, relevance, and criticality to those in Defense Financial Management.
Once questions are developed and reviewed, we will pilot test the developed exam to assess the questions are working as intended before administering the CDFM and CDFM-A exams to actual test takers. The pilot test will take 2 hours to complete in a virtual environment.
Why is it important to have SME volunteers for this exam development process?
- It is critical to have SME collaboration throughout the CDFM certification exam development process.
- Your time and willingness to participate is a crucial factor in ensuring that the exam adheres to a scientifically rigorous process that is valid, reliable, and legally defensible.
What are the benefits of participating?
- Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits will be awarded for participation.
- Contributing in tangible and meaningful ways to the Defense Financial Management field.
- Ensuring accurate and representative content on the exam.
- Allowing your thoughts, experiences, and perspectives to be represented in the exam.
When will SME volunteering start and how much time do I need to contribute?
- Subject matter expert volunteering begins in February 2023.
- Some activities are done individually, while others are completed as a group.
- Time commitments can range anywhere from 1 hour to multi-day sessions depending on the task.
How do I sign up?
If you are interested in participating in this process, please complete the following SME Background Questionnaire: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LYPKX3L. One of our team members will reach out to you to discuss the next steps if you are selected to participate as a SME volunteer for this process.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact email@example.com.