Executive Director/ Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board
Applications Close Date: 11/30/2018
The Executive Director of the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB or Board) is the chief executive officer of the FASAB. This includes oversight and management of the people, budgets, purchasing, programs, and contracts; managing the research staff supporting Board deliberations; and furthering the development of products aiming to improve the usefulness and effectiveness of federal financial reports. This position answers directly to the Board members.
- Managing the development of accounting standards and principles for the federal government.
- Overseeing all administration actions related to the Board’s operations.Implementing and carrying out the directions of the Board.
- Leading and developing the Board’s senior professional accounting staff and administrative staff.
- Assuring that all matters related to the Board and its operations are handled effectively and in accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act.
- Working with the chair of the Board to ensure efficient and effective Board meetings.