ASMC Executive Director Search Announcement
The American Society of Military Comptrollers (the Society) seeks candidates for the position of Executive Director, whose primary duties include:
- directing, controlling and coordinating the principal programs and activities of the Society;
- developing and executing the Society’s operating budget;
- managing the headquarters staff;
- advising and assisting chapter presidents in all facets of their responsibilities;
- serving as principal advisor to the host chapter for the National Professional Development Institute;
- serving as editor and publisher of the Armed Forces Comptroller Journal; and
- performing such duties as designated by the National President and the National Executive committee.
The successful candidate should demonstrate creativity and innovation, strength in implementing organizational change, commitment to achieving results, success in building coalitions with internal and external stakeholders, and a wide range of leadership and management experience. In addition, the candidate should have an extensive background and executive-level leadership experience in the Federal government and Defense financial management, and a strong affiliation with the Defense financial management community. Experience in association management, membership and participation in association activities, financial management professional certification, and graduate-level academic studies are desired.
The Society is a self-sustaining non-profit organization. The candidate should show evidence of ability to generate sufficient revenue to maintain the Society in good fiscal balance.
The starting date for the position is negotiable. Deadline for submission of electronic or printed resumes is April 30, 2012. Please send resume to:
Mr John Raines – Assistant to the Search Committee
American Society of Military Comptrollers
415 North Alfred Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Cell 540 683 7632