Introduction to ASMC
The American Society of Military Comptrollers (ASMC) is a national non-profit educational and professional organization for persons, military and civilian, involved in the overall field of defense financial management. ASMC promotes the education and training of its members, and supports the development and advancement of the profession of defense financial management. The society provides professional programs to keep members abreast of current issues and encourages the exchange of information, techniques and approaches.
Statement of Need
ASMC is seeking a business partner to assist with the selection of a replacement system, or a suite of complementary systems, for the organization’s current iMIS v10.6 database. ASMC requires a solution that supports the effective management of our major program areas, facilitates our business commerce transactions, supports our major event registration function, and contributes to achievement of a clean opinion on the audit of our financial statements.
ASMC is seeking a commercial off the shelf (COTS) solution that avoids customization to the maximum extent possible. Working with ASMC staff, the selected partner will conduct the identification and codification of system(s) requirements, suggest potential solutions, create a system(s) selection Request for Proposal (RFP) for distribution, assist with the vendor selection process and provide recommendations on system(s) selection, and provide review and input on the target system(s) contract(s). This document outlines the key project elements to be addressed in a proposal.
Key Functional Areas:
- Membership – ASMC offers membership to individuals and organizations – including a corporate membership program. Members receive opportunities for training, education, and professional development; a quarterly professional journal; opportunities to participate in national and local chapter events; educational grants, scholarships, and achievement awards; discounts on educational and certification programs; and leadership and networking opportunities. Membership also provides access to our virtual membership collaboration communities and members-only section of our website.
- Certification – ASMC offers a professional, assessment-based certification in the field of defense financial management (the Certified Defense Financial Manager, or CDFM) with an optional add-on specialty in defense acquisition (the CDFM with Acquisition Specialty, or CDFM-A). Candidates enroll in the certification program; submit eligibility documentation; and take proctored exams either in person or via live online proctoring through a professional test vendor. Certificants must recertify every two (2) years with continuing education requirements. Candidates and certificants have the option to be members or non-members. Continuous CDFM exam maintenance requires management of multiple subject matter expert committees and coordination with a vendor for secure offsite housing of exam items.
- Education and Professional Development – Members and non-members have access to virtual and in-person single and multi-day courses, webinars, national and regional professional development institutes (PDI), and textbooks.
Qualities of an Ideal Selection Business Partner:
- Deep knowledge of the association technology solutions market
- Experience with association management systems selection projects
- Experience with certification management systems selection projects
- Experience with learning management platforms selection projects
- Experience with event management platform selection projects
- Experience with professional membership associations serving the professional development needs of Department of Defense employees
Submission deadline: Submit PDF via email no later than Friday, February 26, 2021, by 5:00 pm ET.