The American Society of Military Comptrollers (the Society) seeks candidates for the position of Executive Director, whose primary duties include:
- directing, controlling and coordinating the principal programs and program and business activities of the Society, including financial management;
- managing the headquarters staff;
- advising and assisting chapter presidents in all facets of their responsibilities;
- serving as principal advisor to the host chapter for the National Professional Development Institute;
- serving as editor and publisher of the Armed Forces Comptroller Journal; and
- performing such duties as designated by the National President and the National Executive committee.
The successful candidate should demonstrate strong innovation, leadership and management skills, and be results driven and successful at building coalitions and implementing organizational change. In addition, the candidate should have an extensive background, experience, and relationships in the Federal government and Defense and/or Coast Guard financial management, a strong affiliation with the Defense and/or Coast Guard financial management community, and a graduate degree in a field relevant to financial management. Experience in association management, a history of membership and participation in association activities, and a current financial management professional certification, are desired.
The Society is a self-sustaining non-profit organization. The candidate should show evidence of ability to generate sufficient revenue, to include innovative ideas to maintain the Society in good fiscal balance
The starting date for the position is negotiable but should be no later than October 24th, 2021. Deadline for submission of electronic resumes is September 21, 2021. Please send resume to Lineberger@asmconline.org.