The American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT) has evaluated and recommended college credit for the ASMC’s Enhanced Defense Financial Management Training Course. The American Council on Education, the major coordinating body for all the nation’s higher education institutions, seeks to provide leadership and a unifying voice on key higher education issues and to influence public policy through advocacy, research, and program initiatives. For more information, visit the ACE CREDIT website at www2.acenet.edu/credit.
The Enhanced Defense Financial Management Training Course (EDFMTC) has been established as graded college-level instruction by the American Council on Education (ACE) and has a 3 credit hour recommendation at the lower-division and upper-division baccalaureate/associate degree category. Students will be assigned a letter grade based on their scores on the two tests given, the case studies and class participation. View grading rubric here. The letter grades will be held at ASMC headquarters and can be used in conjunction with the American Council on Education’s transcript service when applying to a post secondary institution for academic credit.
Please note that although the American Council on Education has provided this recommendation, the final decision on whether to accept the recommendation and grant college credit lies with the registrar or the appropriate dean or department head in each college or university.
Lower-Division Undergraduate Level Credit Requirements
To apply for lower-division undergraduate credit, the student must have received a letter grade of “C” or above in the course.
Upper-Division Undergraduate Level Credit Requirements
To apply for upper-division undergraduate credit, the student must have received a letter grade of “B” or above in the course and submit a written paper within 6 months of the completion of the EDFTMC in accordance with the standards established by Syracuse University, ASMC’s partner in evaluating applications for upper-division credit. View paper standards and grading rubric here.
Steps to Request College Credit for the EDFMTC
- Visit the following website: www2.acenet.edu/credit
- Select the Request Transcripts tab across the top of the screen.
- Click on the ACE CREDIT Registry and Transcript System link.
- If you have created an account, log on to your account. If you have not yet created an account, click on Create an Account and follow the prompts.
- Once you are logged on to your account, click on My Courses then Add New Course.
- In the Organization Name field, enter “American Society of Military Comptrollers” and click on Search.
- To request lower-division undergraduate credit for the EDFMTC, click on the course with thee ACE Course Number ASMC-00001. Upper-division undergraduate credit (ACE Course Number ASMC-0002) requires the completion of a research paper. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Select the date range in which the course was completed.
- Enter the date you completed the course in mm/dd/yyyy format, select the course location, and click on Submit for Review.
- ASMC will receive an email from ACE requesting confirmation that you have met the attendance, assignment, and grade requirements. This process may take up to 8 weeks.
- You will receive an email notification from ACE once ASMC has responded to the confirmation request.
The ACE CREDIT logo is a federally registered trademark of the American Council on Education and cannot be used or reproduced without the express written permission of the American Council on Education.