Candidates enrolled in the CDFM Program will take the basic three modules and become CDFM, and those who elect to take and then pass the optional 4th module examination will earn the “CDFM with Acquisition Specialty” (CDFM-A). This optional module deals with the rules governing acquisition of major defense systems.
Why become a CDFM-A?
- It provides objective evidence of knowledge of defense acquisition rules and regulations, which is highly useful for financial managers assuming acquisition jobs;
- It demonstrates depth of knowledge aids in winning promotions and jobs; and
- It offers personal satisfaction by demonstrating knowledge of key information that is important in financial management.
View Acquisition Business Management Training Opportunities
Goals, Strategy and Decision Support (11%)
- DoD Decision Support Systems
- Goals and Strategy
Systems Engineering (15%)
- Overview and Relationship to Defense Acquisition
- Systems Engineering Processes
- Systems Engineering — The Systems Life Cycle Process
- Important Design Considerations
- Systems Engineering Tools, Techniques and Resources
Resource Management (10%)
- Acquisition Systems Cost
- Analysis of Alternatives (AOA)
- Cost Analysis
Life Cycle Sustainment (8%)
- Total Life Cycle Sustainment Overview
- Performance Based Life- Cycle Support
Human Systems Integration (5%)
- Domains of Human Systems Integration
- Human Factors Engineering and Integration
Acquiring Information Technology and National Security Systems (7%)
- Net- Centricity and the Global Information Grid (GIG)
- Important Statutory and Regulatory Requirements
Technology Protection (5%)
- Technology Protection- Planning and Support
- Putting Technology Protection in Place
Test and Evaluation (9%)
- Types and Phases of Test and Evaluation
- T&E Planning and Management Oversight
Decisions, Assessments and Reports (11%)
- Decision Points
- Executive Reviews
- Integrated Product Team (IPTs), Exit Criteria and Independent Assessments
- Periodic Reports
Special Management Activities (19%)
- Joint Programs
- International Cooperation
- Earned Value Management
- Contract Management Reporting
- Acquisition of Services
ASMC offers a 2-day course to help you prepare for the Module 4 exam. This course is taught by highly-trained professionals working or teaching in the Acquisition field. You may sign up for openings in any of the courses listed. However, if your command or base/installation would like to arrange for a special local presentation of the course please contact Phara Rodrigue at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also study on your own using the Acquisition Business Management Module 4 textbook.
Enrollment for Module 4 Testing
If you are already CDFM certified but your enrollment in the CDFM Program has expired, please contact the Certification Department at email@example.com or 703-549-0360 to have a cost-free, 2-year enrollment added to your account.
You can then move forward and purchase the Module 4 exam. You should receive an Authorization to Test email 24-48 hours after purchasing the exam, which includes information needed to schedule your exam at a Pearson VUE testing center.
Exercising your option to take the Module 4 exam will not jeopardize your status as a CDFM.
ASMC provides one cost-free wall certificate to each candidate. If you already received a wall certificate for your CDFM you can purchase a new certificate displaying your CDFM-A certification here.