INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use or visit the Site or submit information to us, we automatically collect certain personal information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we may collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
When you visit or use the Site, we may collect information that identifies you (“Personal Data”), including:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data includes billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about purchases or attempted purchases, payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, wire instructions, or ACH debit information, account numbers, etc.), email address, and phone number.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Site.
- Profile Data includes your email and password, purchases or orders made by you, your preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Site, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We receive Personal Data about you in a range of ways, including:
- Information You Give Us. We collect information you directly give us on our Site.
- Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, location and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
- Cookies. ASMC and our third-party service providers may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs. You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
ASMC also collects non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to track data such as the total number of visits to our website, the number of visitors to each page of our website, and the domain names of our visitors’ internet service providers. We use this information, which remains in aggregate, non-personally identifiable form, to understand how our visitors use our website so that we may improve our website and the services we offer.
USE & SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
We use your Personal Data as follows:
- To operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services, to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- To send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, notifications, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To provide targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you and to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- To link or combine user information with other Personal Data.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- To provide and deliver products and services, fulfill orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
We may share Personal Data with third parties as follows:
- With your consent; for example, you may let us share Personal Data with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
We may share Personal Data with third parties who need it to do work for us. For example, we use:
- “WordPress” as a web platform, powering online purchasing, and providing a forum for customers to provide feedback -you can read more about how WordPress uses your Personal Data here: https://wordpress.org/about/privacy
- “iMIS” as an association management tool, defining, filtering, and storing customer data – you can read more about how iMIS uses your Personal Data here:ASI Legal Center (advsol.com) .
- “Informz” as an email marketing and analytics tool – enabling targeted contact, further customer data collecting and syncing with iMIS AMS
- “Google” including “Google Analytics”, “Google Alerts”, “YouTube” as a tool to help communicate, understand, and learn from customer interactions and visible (blog-style) dialog – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Data here:https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=us. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- “Facebook” as a tool to interact and share company developments (such as the launch of new products) with customers and those following activity – you can read more about how Facebook uses your Personal Data here: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
- “LinkedIn” as a tool to interact and share company developments (i.e., company milestones, job postings, etc.) with customers, industry leaders, and those following activity – you can read more about how LinkedIn uses your Personal Data here: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
- “X” as a tool to interact and share company developments and “live” updates with customers, industry leaders, and those following activity – you can read more about how X uses your Personal Data here: https://x.com/en/privacy.
- “Instagram” as a tool to interact and share company developments and “live” updates with customers, industry leaders, and those following activity – you can read more about how Instagram uses your Personal Data here: https://instagram.com/en/privacy.
Because no system is 100% secure or error-free despite taking commercially reasonable steps, ASMC and its affiliates do not guarantee, and you should not expect, that information you provide shall remain private under all circumstances. It is your responsibility to safeguard any passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features associated with your use of the Site.
FOR NATURAL PERSONS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION (“EU”) – GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (“GDPR”)
Purposes and Lawful Bases to Process Your Personal Data
- Where we need to perform the contract that we are about to enter into or have entered into with you (for example, if you place an order through the Site).
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate business interests (or those of a third party) listed above and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where you have consented to the processing of the Personal Data.
- Where processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other natural persons.
- Where processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interests.
- Identity and Contact Data is to register you as a new customer, and the lawful basis is the performance of a contract with you.
- Identity, Contact, Financial, Transaction and Marketing and Communications Data is to process and deliver your purchases, and the lawful bases are (a) the performance of a contract with you and (b) it is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- Identity, Contact, Profile, and Marketing and Communications Data is to manage a relationship with you, and the lawful bases are (a) the performance of a contract with you and (b) it is necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services).
- Identity, Contact, and Technical Data is to administer and protect our business and the Site, and the lawful basis is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganization or group restructuring exercise).
- Identity, Contact, Profile, Usage, Marketing and Communications, and Technical Data is to deliver relevant Site content to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you, and the lawful basis is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy).
- Technical and Usage Data is to use data analytics to improve our Site, marketing, customer relationships and experiences, and the lawful basis is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our Site updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy).
- Identity, Contact, Profile, Usage, and Technical Data is to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you, and the lawful basis is that it is necessary for legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business).
Sharing of Personal Data
Credit Card Account Information
ASMC does not disclose credit card account information provided by its members and customers. When members and customers choose to pay using their credit cards, ASMC submits the information needed to obtain payment to the appropriate clearinghouse.
Legal Rights Under the GDPR
Under certain circumstances, EU natural persons have rights under data protection laws in relation to their personal data. If you are an EU natural person you have the right to access Personal Data we hold about you and to ask that your Personal Data be corrected, updated, or deleted, you have the right to withdraw consent to processing of Personal Data, you have the right to object to or restrict the processing of your Personal Data, provided that any legitimate interests of you or us is preserved, and you have the right to request transfer of your Personal Data to third parties.
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
INFORMATION CHOICES/OPTING OUT
415 Alfred St.
Alexandria, VA 22314