ASMC membership allows you to:
- Gain insight to information on current trends and developments in the financial management of the Department of Defense and U.S. Coast Guard.
- Receive a subscription to the Armed Forces Comptroller, the quarterly professional journal of the ASMC, and the ASMC Connection, the monthly e-newsletter. These publications, as well as the ASMC website, contain articles, organizational news and updates on current trends and developments within the financial management community and the ASMC.
- Receive discounts for registration at the national Professional Development Institute, a three day educational event that provides valuable CPE and networking opportunities.
- Have access to online educational opportunities, where members can participate at their own pace, start and stop sessions, and download presentations.
- Join in one of the more than 100 chapters worldwide. Chapter benefits could include monthly luncheons, local education activities, chapter publications, philanthropic endeavors and more.
- Receive discounts on Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM) Program training textbooks, enrollment, and recertification. The CDFM is one of the DoD-approved Test-Based Certifications recommended for Certification Levels 2 and 3 of the DoD FM Certification Program.
- Have the opportunity to participate in the National Awards Program. This program includes achievement awards, an essay contest, corporate member award, members’ continuing education grants, high school scholarships and many chapter program awards.
- Gain access to the CPE management tool, which allows members to manage, track and record their continuing education experience.
- Have an opportunity to demonstrate leadership as a chapter officer or committee member.
- Network with military comptrollers/financial managers and other business organizations interested in military comptrollership.
Affinity Benefits Include:
PenFed is proud to partner with the American Society of Military Comptrollers (ASMC) to offer superior financial service products at superior rates. As a member of ASMC, you and your family are eligible for PenFed membership giving you exclusive access to award-winning products and services.
Opening a PenFed account will directly support ASMC in pursuit of its mission. Choose any award-winning ASMC branded credit card or take advantage of competitive rates on savings products.
Support ASMC with PenFed today!
*Federally insured by NCUA
- Telephone – Call 1-800-368-2734. Reference “American Society of Military Comptrollers” when requesting a quote.
- Online – Get your free no-obligation quote today!
Members who meet University of Phoenix student qualifications may now receive a significant discount on tuition. For more information or to register, call 800-366-9699, ext. 7131287 and ask to be transferred to the military team, and identify yourself as an ASMC member. For more information, contact: Gary D. Harrah, M.A., M.B.A., USAF Retired National Director, Military and Veteran Partnerships phone (602) 713-1287 toll-free (800) 366-9699 ext. 7131287. Email: email@example.com
Becker will provide the discounted rate of $1930 for CPA Exam Review full four-part course to ASMC members who are federal employees or a $300 discount off the list price of $2,890 for all other ASMC Members who are not federal employees (discounts cannot be combined). Becker will provide all ASMC members the rate of $350 per person per year for any ASMC sponsored direct bill CPE Distance Learning Unlimited Use Subscription program. Course content can be found at https://cpe.becker.com. (Discounts cannot be combined). (Example of a combined discount: Belonging to multiple societies offering Becker discounts.) Visit the Becker Web site for more information.
ASMC has partnered with Norwich University to provide members assistance in achieving their goals in certification, advanced degrees, and career enhancement. ASMC members receive a $3,000 scholarship towards a master’s degree and CDFM holders earn six credits towards the Master of Arts in Public Administration program. For more information about the partnership, please check out the ASMC_Norwich Partnership flyer. For additional information about Norwich University’s offerings, please visit online.norwich.edu.
Through ASMC’s partnership with American InterContinental University (AIU), members are given the opportunity to receive tuition grants in order to advance in the profession of military comptrollership. Members and immediate family receive a 15% tuition grant for any degree program and a 43% tuition grant for a 12-month MBA. To learn more about this partnership, please check out the AIU_ASMC Partnership flyer. For more information about American InterContinental University’s offerings, please visit aiuniv.edu/ptnr/asmc.