ASMC is pleased to announce that the Program/Budget Summit will once again be held on January 18, 2024!
Location: Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel 900 S. Orme St., Arlington, VA 22204
Theme: Key defense priorities for 2024
More details will be available soon.
The 2nd annual Program/Budget Summit (P/BS) will bring together defense financial management professionals from the government and commercial sectors to discuss the key issues facing defense financial management in 2024. Through discussions on PPBE Reform, digital transformation, upskilling, defense reform, and auditability, participants will be able to identify opportunities, mitigate risks, and develop innovative solutions to address the most pressing needs in defense financial management today.
Attend P/BS to hear directly from PPBE Commissioners, government leaders, and industry experts. You’ll leave with fresh ideas for collaboration and a better understanding of how your organization can both support initiatives and design win-win opportunities for public and private collaborations.
If you missed the Program/Budget Summit, you can still access the event’s recordings. The cost is $165 for ASMC members and $195 for non-members.
1300 Opening Remarks
- Rich Brady, Chief Executive Officer, American Society of Military Comptrollers (ASMC)
- Patrick Lynch, CEO and Managing Partner, Lynch Consultant, LLC
- Expert Panelists:
- Charles Cook, Consultant
- Robert (Bob) Speer, CEO/Owner, Speer and Associates LLC
- Marilyn Thomas, Managing Consultant for the Defense Sector, Guidehouse
1315 PPBE Reform Update
- Michael Conlin, Chair of PPBE Reform Task Force
1400 Department of the Army
- Major General Mark Bennett, Director of Army Budget, Finance and Comptroller/Army
- Major General Sean Swindell, Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, G-3/5/7, Infantry/Army
1445 Department of the Navy
- Honorable Russell Rumbaugh, Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Financial Management and Comptroller)
- Mobola Kadiri, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Financial Operations), United States Department of the Navy
- Edward C. Gardiner, Assistant Deputy Commandant for Programs and Resources, Headquarters Marine Corps (P&R)
1545 Networking Break
1615 Department of the Air Force
- Carlos Rodgers, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary (Financial Management and Comptroller)
- Tina Pierce, Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary (Financial Operations)
1700 United States Coast Guard
- Rear Admiral Matthew Lake, CGFM, Assistant Commandant for Resources & CFO, United States Coast Guard, COMDT (CG-8)
1735 Closing Remarks
Questions? Reach out to our education team at Education@asmconline.org.