Thanks for joining us for a fantastic Program/Budget Summit.
To serve our community and bring together the military and civilian worlds, ASMC has designed this new event as a forum to discuss and share defense priorities for FY24.
The event will provide a forum for the Department of Defense and Military Services to highlight their operational program and budget priorities for the year ahead. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions in advance of the event (see below to add your question for consideration). Questions will be shared with appropriate service speakers addressing them in their presentations.
The afternoon’s programming will bleed into the evening with a 90-minute networking reception – including a program with additional content – and the chance for you to connect more with all in attendance.
Do not miss this opportunity to hear directly from defense services and leave with fresh ideas for collaboration and understanding of how your organization can support initiatives and design win-win opportunities for public and private. Key players in the defense financial management community will be in attendance, make sure you’re one of them (not just your friendly competition!).
Where: Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
201 Waterfront Street, National Harbor, MD 20745
*The meeting will take place in the Woodrow Wilson room. The Woodrow Wilson room is located in the Ballroom level of the Gaylord.
1200 Registration & Check-in Opens
1300 Opening Remarks
- Rich Brady, Chief Executive Officer, American Society of Military Comptrollers (ASMC)
- Patrick Lyn, CEO and Managing Partner, Lynch Consultant, LLC
- Expert Panelists:
- Charles Cook, Consultant
- Robert (Bob) Speer, CEO/Owner, Speer and Associates LLC
- Marilyn Thomas, Managing Consultant for the Defense Sector, Guidehouse
1315 PPBE Reform Update
- Michael Conlin, Chair of PPBE Reform Task Force
1315 Department of the Army
- Major General Mark Bennett, Director of Army Budget, Finance and Comptroller/Army
- Major General Sean Swindell, Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, G-3/5/7, Infantry/Army
1400 Department of the Navy
- Honorable Russell Rumbaugh, Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Financial Management and Comptroller)
- Mobola Kadiri, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Financial Operations), United States Department of the Navy
- Edward C. Gardiner, Assistant Deputy Commandant for Programs and Resources, Headquarters Marine Corps (P&R)
1500 Networking Break
1530 Department of the Air Force
- Carlos Rodgers, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary (Financial Management and Comptroller)
- Tina Pierce, Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary (Financial Operations)
1615 Coast Guard
- Rear Admiral Matthew Lake, CGFM, Assistant Commandant for Resources & CFO, United States Coast Guard, COMDT (CG-8)
1650 Closing Remarks
1700 Networking Reception
- Steve Maier, President, Management Concepts, Inc.
- Audrey Davis, President, ASMC National Executive Committee and Director, Defense Finance and Accounting Service
1830 Event Concludes
*Specific speakers from each service will be added to the schedule as confirmed.
Schedule subject to change without notice.
Submit a question for the services speakers. Questions will be shared with speakers in advance for consideration in their presentation.
Attendees who are present for the entire event will qualify for 3 CPEs.
- Member: $165
- Non-Member: $195
- Non-Member + Join ASMC: $215
- Government: $125
Registration is non-refundable.
Questions? Reach out to our education team at Education@asmconline.org.